Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 7 thing 16 Wiki

I was kind of sceptical about actual uses of Wiki sites because many people could add to and change the contents of the information. As I explored some of the wiki sites I began to understand the usefulness these sites provide. I looked at Wiki travel and got some great information and opinion on how to get around and links to things to do while I am there. I also looked at a wiki how to site that I found very interesting. So I looked up how to pack a suitcase. What I found was a step by step process of how to pack a suitcase, but what I got out of the information was some useful tips for better packing. I think it is very useful to know that anyone can edit the information on a Wiki site because your use of the information is different. I can see wiki sites as a collaborative effort to put together idea sharing and the reader picking and choosing the information he or she finds useful to them.

No comments: