Tuesday, August 21, 2007

week 5 thing 12 rollyo

Creating a search engine which searched sites you often frequent could be very useful. I think that it will save me time when I am searching for specific things. I created a shopping rollyo which included sites that I frequent when making purchases. Having this site record sites I often use will allow me to search those pages all at once and I will not have to remember the site address instead of retyping the information on a different page.

I see that libraries may use this type of search engine to answer frequently requested searches and could organize many sites into one location.

1 comment:

JimD said...

Congratulations! You're officially more than half way through the program. Thanks for participating and thanks for working along to the finish line. This has been a busy time for everyone and I'm glad that people are able somehow to find the time for this. It's a good opportunity to learn this stuff with at least some amount of structure and it's good to see that people are taking advantage of the opportunity. Keep going. only 11 more 'things' to go!